A safety data sheet is a document that provides detailed information about a hazardous chemical, and it is a key resource for individuals who manage or handle hazardous substances. While many products have safety information on the back of the product labels, it isn’t always the case. DSG is pleased to provide safety data sheets to our customers for products that they purchase from us that are considered hazardous. Customers can download a PDF file that contains nearly a thousand safety data sheets for products DSG stocks and/or uses, including:
- Glues, adhesives, tapes
- Disinfectants, cleaners, sprays, soaps
- Paints, primers
- Plastics, pipes, metals (e.g., PVC, CPVC, ABS, copper, aluminum, galvanized steel, etc.)
- Lubricants, gels, solvents, flux
- Fuels, oils, automotive fluids (propane, gasoline, motor oil, transmission fluid, coolant, etc.)
Here’s how to use this resource:
- Open or download the PDF file – This is a large file and may take a significant amount of time to download or display.
- After the file is opened, make sure your cursor is on page 1 of the document.
- Use the Find feature by clicking CTRL-F on your keyboard or accessing it through the menu bar at the top of the screen (on the menu bar, click on the word Edit and scroll down and click on Find). A keyword search window will appear on the document.
- Type in the keyword for the product you’d like to search for (e.g., brazing rod, solder flux, PVC pipe, copper tubing, etc.) and click Enter. Your keyword will be highlighted in the first location it appears on the document.
- If the search highlights content that you are not looking for, click the Next button in the Find window to search for the next time your keyword appears in the document.
- If the keyword used doesn’t get highlighted in the table of contents (the first 50 pages of the document), return your cursor to page 1 of the document and try a different keyword in your search.
- Once you’ve found your product, look at the far right column for the page number that the safety data sheet can be found on.
- Go to that page to view the information.
- For PDF documents, a field below the menu bar will allow you to type in the page number that you want to go to which can save you time versus scrolling up or down to the page that you’re looking for.
If there are questions on how to use this document, please contact Michael Place at email@example.com.