This will be a Full-Time, hourly position to assist in the warehouse and make customer deliveries as needed.
Specific Duties Will Include:
- Accurately pulls material from location to fill each order.
- Packs, labels and puts filled order in proper location for delivery.
- Operates gas and electric forklifts and riders.
- Handles calls for warehouse when needed.
- Uses computer to check on status, availability and location of product.
- Notifies inventory control about shortages or overages in inventory.
- Loads delivery trucks as needed.
- Assists in Receiving as workload permits.
- Inspects truck before delivery to ensure that it is in good working order and will pass road inspection, such as checking tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, etc.; reports any vehicle problems and/or sets appointments to get problems fixed.
- Works with warehouse associates frequently to communicate how product should be loaded and to learn of any problems or concerns.
- Keeps truck clean inside and out and is current on any maintenance issues.
- Maintains a good driving record.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic product and warehouse or delivery knowledge that would normally be acquired in one to three years of applicable experience.
- Attention to detail, with good organizational skills.
- Safety training on material handling and forklift driving.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
- Physical ability to lift up to 60 lbs. on a regular basis, and up to 100 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Prior computer knowledge, experience and skills helpful.