SUMMARY: The Regional Operations Manager will direct the operations function for all Montana branches to achieve business growth, financial objectives and organizational strategies, including safety, quality, distribution and inventory management. The qualified candidate will be an integral member of the regional leadership team and a key sponsor of regional strategic objectives, reporting directly to the Regional General Manager. As a leader, standard work includes mentoring, inspiring, training and coaching at multiple levels of the organization. This position can be located in any of our 5 Montana branches.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategic planning and execution of initiatives to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout the regions branch operations
- Develop and monitor KPI’s and lead the regional branches toward achieving competitive strengths in inventory management and accuracy, timely and efficient receiving, shipping and delivery practices
- Facilitate leveraging best practices across the region and organization including warehouse management systems, truck routing software and fleet management
- Manage logistics and outbound transportation processes for assigned branches
- Provide recommendations on capital expenditure projects that support quality and cost improvements as well as business objectives of the facilities.
- Interact regularly with the regional leadership team, the VP of Operations and individual department heads to ensure that the regions operational priorities are aligned with overall company direction.
- Assists with the development of regional operational policies and practices.
- Assesses and assists in upgrading the regional operations talent base to achieve growth and meet market needs.
- Plans, prepares, controls, monitors and forecasts regions direct and/or indirect budgets.
- Leads the continuous improvement of the customer experience through programs and initiatives to reduce errors, provide on-time delivery, and exceed customer quality expectations.
- Drive compliance toward aesthetically pleasing warehouse space, both indoors and outdoors, at all locations
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 Years’ experience providing operational leadership in operations, distribution, logistics or purchasing in a distribution company
- Must have strong business knowledge and experience, with the ability to provide reports and analysis of financial and operational position to forecast, develop and implement strategic plans within the context of the larger picture
- Knowledge of principles and practices of management, financial analysis, project management, and personnel management.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
- Skilled in planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating a wide variety of activities; developing implementing and communicating policies and procedures for a large organization; analyzing data, making sound recommendations and adopting effective causes of action, working tactfully with all levels of the organization.
- Previous accountability for departmental/company P&L with demonstrated experience in profitability management.