Summary: In this role, you will provide direct leadership to all aspects of the distribution business for all locations in the region. This role requires the analysis of broad and complex issues and the formulation of executable strategies to ensure that we are delivering to our customers in the most efficient and effective manner. The qualified candidate will be an integral member of the leadership team and a key sponsor of annual strategic objectives, reporting directly to the COO. S/he will also be responsible for acquisition and business integration strategies and execution. As a leader, standard work includes mentoring, inspiring, and coaching at multiple levels of the organization.
Specific Duties Include:
- Assumes responsibility for attainment of financial goals as established by the Chief Operating Officer and approved by the Board of Directors
- Participates in corporate strategic planning and completes satisfactory progress on corporate strategic goals and objectives
- Implements corporate directed programs, including marketing, sales, purchasing, distribution, operations, accounting/finance, safety, education and employee services
- Highly involved with strategic planning and execution of initiatives to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout the region’s branch locations
- Leverage best practices within the region and across the organization
- Assumes primary responsibility for efficient, cost-effective operations across all facilities within the region
- Reviews financial and operating reports; monitors all departments and locations on a regular basis
- Assists Corporate Credit staff with collection of customer accounts
- Manages the overall activities of the region, overseeing work accomplished by Branch Managers, Regional Sales Manager(s) and Regional Operations Manager; ensures work is consistent with corporate policies and objectives
- Ensures inventory management is consistent with sales, cash flow and financial goals
- Oversee sales, delivery, distribution, pricing, accounting and customer service
- Interacts effectively with customers and vendors, maintaining and developing relationships
- Implement improved processes and management methods to generate higher ROI and workflow optimization, within individual warehouses and across multiple warehouses.
- Interact regularly with the executive team and individual department heads to ensure that the region’s priorities are aligned with overall company direction.
- Fosters a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, customer focus, and service while driving individual accountability and integrity.
- Manages employee performance by establishing clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against goals, ensuring timely feedback, and addressing performance challenges in a prompt and professional manner.
- Leads the continuous improvement of the customer experience through programs and initiatives to reduce errors, provide on-time delivery, and exceed customer quality expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Distribution Management or related equivalent field experience
- 7-10 Years’ experience providing distribution leadership; managing complex business situations; operations; product knowledge; finance
- Must have strong business knowledge and experience, with the ability to provide reports and analysis of financial and operational position to forecast, develop and implement strategic plans within the context of the larger picture.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of management, financial analysis, project management, and personnel management.
- Skilled in planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating a wide variety of activities; developing implementing and communicating policies and procedures for a large organization; analyzing data, making sound recommendations and adopting effective causes of action, working tactfully with all levels of the organization.
- Previous accountability for departmental/company P&L with demonstrated experience in profitability management.
- Adaptable and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving work environment while also driving toward clarity and solutions.
- Experience leading a multi-facility business is preferred
- Progressive management experience with demonstrated success