Summary: This will be a full-time, salaried plus commission position. This sales position will involve calling on existing customers as well as developing new accounts. Duties include the active promotion of DSG products and services to contractors and telecommunication accounts, engineering firms, negotiating contracts and bids, resolving customer objections, and assuring customer satisfaction in an effort to build a strong business relationship.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents company and is actively engaged at various trade shows and industry associations corresponding to territory.
- Works together with inside team members to identify, prioritize and implement initiatives that will improve customer satisfaction and territory growth.
- Establishes, manages and maintains strong customer relationships and accounts by providing overall customer service including responding to customer questions and concerns.
- Seeks and develops new customer opportunities and accounts.
- Introduces, promotes and demonstrates new products and marketing programs.
- Corresponds with branch manager, segment manager, and purchasing associates on changes in product demands.
- Collaborates with supplies and supplier representatives to promote suppliers and products.
- Works with engineering firms to identify projects, present solutions, and ensure greater success on telecom projects.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multitask to effectively prioritize and manage workflow.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow-through/follow-up.
- High School diploma or equivalent, with secondary or post-secondary coursework concentrated in a related field, or equivalent on the job experience as determined by the company.
- Product and technical knowledge that would normally be acquired in two or more years of college or technical school and 3-5 years of field experience or equivalent training in the Communications industry.
- Strong sales skills, a proven track record of successful territory development with 3-5 years of selling experience preferred.
- Overnight travel will be required.
- Driver’s license and acceptable driving record.