The full time, hourly position of Delivery Driver will work in all aspects of warehouse operations, with the primary duty of delivering product to customers and jobsites. Shift is typically 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m. but hours can typically range anywhere from 6:00a.m.-6:00p.m. (Monday-Friday).
Specific Duties Include:
- Accurately pull material from location to fill orders
- Pack, label and put filled orders in proper location for delivery
- Operate forklift
- Load delivery truck in a safe manner, according to company policy
- Inspect truck & trailer according to company policy and DOT standards, to ensure it is in good working order.
- Communicate any vehicle safety issues you have immediately to your supervisor
- Communicate with customers in regards to delivery dates & times
- Work with warehouse associates to communicate how product should be loaded
- Keeps truck clean inside and out and reports any maintenance issues
- Maintain a good driving record
- Use computer to check on status, availability and location of product
- Assist in shipping & receiving as needed
- Put stock away
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Basic product and warehouse or delivery knowledge that would normally be acquired in one to three years of applicable experience.
- Class A CDL required; with current medical card
- Attention to detail, with good organizational skills
- Safety training on material handling and forklift driving.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Physical ability to lift, push pull or move items weighing 70-325lbs. with the aid of mechanical device or other person